Thyroid Awareness Month
Purpose of Thyroid Awareness Month
The main goal of Thyroid Awareness Month is to increase awareness of thyroid disease. In addition, the purpose is also to inform the public about the general symptoms of thyroid disease. Therefore, they will be able to seek medical attention and receive a proper diagnosis sooner. Also, this campaign aims to reduce the number of undiagnosed thyroid disease cases. Therefore, individuals who have it will be able to receive the proper treatment for their condition.
Another goal of Thyroid Awareness Month is to put the spotlight on thyroid disease which is very common. This disease affects approximately 200 million individuals all over the world. In addition, this public health campaign is for informing the public that thyroid disease is a serious medical condition that can cause the following if left undiagnosed and untreated:
- muscle weakness
- constant fatigue
- other serious problems
What You Can Do to Spread Awareness
The following are just a few ways you can spread awareness during Thyroid Awareness Month:
- Organize an activity in your city or town for Thyroid Awareness Month
- Display posters for the awareness campaign in public areas
- Utilize social media to spread awareness of thyroid disease symptoms
- Talk to your family and friends about thyroid disease, as well as how they can improve their thyroid health
- Urge local newspapers, TV stations and radio stations to assist in improving thyroid awareness
- Distribute educational materials about thyroid disease
- Organize a symposium in your local university to discuss thyroid disease
Spreading Awareness is Key to Better Health
The first step in achieving better health for all is increasing awareness of the thyroid and common conditions involving it. Also, spreading what you have learned and continuing to research and read can help the huge number of those suffering from a thyroid condition who may not even know it.
Be a part of Thyroid Awareness Month by informing others of the incredible little gland keeping your body in balance and working at its best. For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact us here at Brashear Family Medical with the link below!